Wednesday, October 15, 2014

HELP! Advice/suggestions needed!

How do you handle the constant lying??


I literally mean CONSTANT. It's like, this kid can't go a second without lying about something. Anything!! I know a lot of this has to do with his ODD, but it's about minor, insignificant things.

Just now, Gianna whined to me that he wouldn't let her wear it. I asked what "it" was, and he insisted it was the cat collar. I asked her if that's what she wanted, and she said no, and pointed to something under his lap. I asked him again, he insisted the collar. I asked again, he said he didn't know. I asked one last time, and told him "This is the absolute last time I ask. WHAT is it?" Once again, he insisted he didn't know. I told him to stand up, he refused. Again "I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. Now, stand up." I noticed his hands moving to his lap, and I told him to move his hands. When I started to get up, he shouted "FINE! She wants her headband." and threw it at me.

I'm seriously at my wit's end with him. Minor things turn to huge lies. I did spank him, though it doesn't do any good. And I also put him in the corner. I just don't know what to do with him any more. I am looking into a new therapist because his current one will likely laugh again when I discuss this incident with her.


So tell me, what do YOU do when your child lies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.