Thursday, September 5, 2013

New Car Seat Love ♥

As most of you know, I am a HUGE car seat safety freak. I get really upset when I see people using car seats incorrectly, especially when they're my friends who I have said something to before.  This is me when people post pics of their kiddos in their car seats.



It really does make my heart pound because I fear for what might happen if there were an accident. I post car seat safety tips and links all the time, and just HOPE my friends read it.


At any rate, let me get on to my sheer excitement. I bought Gianna a new car seat today! Did she NEED it? No. Did I WANT it? Absolutely! She was in a Graco MyRide 65, which was amazing and was a nice, roomy seat. As much as I loved it, I wanted something that would cradle her a bit better, so that when she fell asleep, she wasn't craning her neck since there was no added head support. There was a pillow that came with it, but she was able to move it so that it wasn't in the correct position. This new car seat has awesome side support that cradles her. When she falls asleep, I won't have to worry about her head flopping all over. As much as I would love for the extra head pillow and body support to fit her well, it just doesn't.

The kids and I went to Toys R Us, and got the car seat. It was cheaper than I expected, thanks to a 20% off coupon. Unfortunately, because of that coupon, we weren't eligible for the bonus gifts/freebies. It really bummed me out, especially when a friend of mine said that they were able to use the 20% off coupons and get the freebies. I'm planning on calling corporate tomorrow and see what's going on.

After getting the seat, we went home so that AJ could quickly get his soccer gear on, and then head up to his practice. While we were there, Anthony and I got the car seat installed. It fits like a DREAM! The only complaint I have is that there is less leg room in the MySize 70 than in the MyRide 65. She doesn't seem to mind at all. She moved her legs around to keep comfortable, so I'm not worried. She loved the seat as well. I also love that it has a no rethread harness. Just squeeze the level, and pull on the top. Instant, easy fit! So if I have to take any other kids around, I don't have to take the seat out and adjust it and buckle it back. I am IN LOVE with that feature!! I'm just in love with the whole seat. Check out how great she fits in it!

Thumbs up from Gianna!! 



At any rate, the kids start school tomorrow, so I should probably get to bed now. I hope all of you have a wonderful night, and that the school year goes smoothly for your kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.