Sunday, October 20, 2013

**REVIEW** Custom iPhone case



One of the most recent items I have been able to review has been a custom cell phone case for Anthony's iPhone from CasePics.com. It's something that I really looked forward to, because I was able to play around and find a picture that I liked and that he would like. One that he would be excited to show off. One that he wouldn't mind using around his friends and his job. So, naturally, I chose one of our kids. I chose their first day of school pic. I love the way Gianna was looking up in adoration towards her siblings. They all looked so happy, and so so adorable!


Using the website was super easy. All I needed to do was click on the iPhone 4/4s link, and from there, I clicked on the big purple button that says "start". From there, it walks you through what you need to do. You can either upload a picture directly from your computer, or you can click the buttons to choose any of your pictures from Facebook or Instagram. You can choose your photo, then choose whether you want it in greyscale, sepia, vintage, or leave it the way it is. I chose to leave the picture the way it was. But I did play around to see what it would look like in the other options. I decided that the original was the best option.

After deciding which picture you want to use, and the color/setting, you just click on Order Case. Enter your name, address, and number, and check out. Your case will ship out within 2 business days (Monday through Friday).

While I loved how easy the website was to navigate, and how easy it was to order, I am a little disappointed in the quality of the case. The picture is a bit darker on the case than it is supposed to be. It's also not as high up, so the phone isn't as well protected as it would be with other cases.


As you can see in the pictures, it leaves ample room for plugs and buttons. The sides and the back are well protected, and have held up wonderfully. My husband has dropped the phone a few times with the case on. However, if he were to drop the phone on the screen, then there really is no protection. Since the case doesn't come up high enough, if it were to fall face down, the screen could likely crack. Since taking these pictures, my husband dropped the phone again, and it actually cracked the corner of the case. It is no longer usable, as it keeps coming off. 

Would I recommend this case to anyone? Absolutely. He received many compliments on it, and it did a great job of protecting the sides and back. I am sure that if he hadn't dropped his phone so often, or if Gianna didn't get her hands on it, the case would have lasted a lot longer. At only $20, it's a lot cheaper than other custom cases we have come across. It would make a great gift at that price. 

From now until November 15, use the code LIOL20 to receive 20% off your order from Casepics.com. Have fun creating your case, and enjoy showing it off to all of your friends and family! Remember, they make great gifts, so be sure to order a few! 


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.