Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A weekend recap

I realize today (Monday) is technically not the weekend, but bare with me.

On Saturday, some jerk decided to sideswipe my car. I was inside my house, and didn't hear anything. Whoever did it, left in a hurry. No one heard anything, no neighbors saw anything. I *JUST* bought this car. It's a 2012 Mazda 5. As a matter of fact, I haven't even made a single payment on it yet, and already have huge, ugly damages done to it. I'm pretty sure it's purely cosmetic, but I'm not 100% sure.

My beautiful car. Ruined.

The damage on the mirror.

Drivers door up close

Drivers side, rear seat damage.

I called the police and waited for an officer to come out to make a report (30+ minutes later). After he left, I called my insurance to file a claim. Got a call back today from an agent to start my claim. I have to have my car inspected on Wednesday to get an estimate, plus they need to determine if I was at fault somehow. I have no idea how they're going to do that ... I was sitting in my house, with my kids, while my car was parked outside. I can assure you I was not at fault! Either way, my insurance *should* cover it. Minus the $500 deductible we have. Unfortunately, we don't have $500 right now so there's no way this car will get fixed any time soon.

As if the accident weren't enough, Gianna decided to get into bleach today. I had to take our cat to the vet the other day, so I wanted to bleach out his carrier. I put a bit of bleach in it, filled the rest of the way with water, and let it soak. Between dishes, dinner, fighting kids, vacuuming, and so on, I completely forgot about it. Gianna has been in and out of the bathroom all day today, washing her hands, brushing her teeth using the potty, etc. Between taking her out each time, and trying to keep her downstairs, it completely slipped my mind.

While I was starting to make dinner, all 3 kids were in the living room, watching TV. Or, so I thought. It turns out that Gianna decided to go upstairs. And the ONE TIME my son decided not to tell on her was that time. Usually he lets me know as soon as she starts going upstairs. Sofia was so focused on the TV that she didn't even notice anyone walk past her.

All of a sudden, I hear Anthony yell out "THAT'S BLEACH!!" ... I stopped what I was doing and immediately ran up the stairs. Gianna was soaked. All over her face, her clothes, her hair. Anthony and I stripped her immediately, and threw her in the bathtub. We washed her as best we could, rinsing well. I attempted to rinse her eyes out as well, but she refused. After taking her out, we decided it'd be best to take her to the ER just in case she did damage to her eyes, or anywhere else. She says she tasted it, but I wasn't sure. However, her breath smelled strongly of bleach, so I don't doubt it.

At the ER, waiting to be called in. Her eyes and nose are red.

Because it's long, I just screen shot my status on FB about it:
I failed to mention in my status that Gianna was ASLEEP when they finally called us back. Nor did I mention that the people next to us in the waiting room smelled like raw sewage and body odor. It was foul. 

Since she was asleep, the flushing came as a surprise to her. She was NOT happy when it woke her up! She screamed, cried, fought, and tried kicking the nurse. There was a doctor holding her eye open, a nurse pouring saline water in her eyes, and me holding her arms down so she couldn't push them away. I felt terrible that she woke like this. My poor princess. She cried so hard, begging them to "please let me go. Please stop!" There were even a few "My neye hurts! Stop! My neye!" ... yes, she adds an 'N' to some of her words (narm, narm pit, napple juice)

After the flushing and ointment.
My poor baby was such a trooper. As soon as the doctor and nurse finished, she had smiles for them and was talking to them like they were her best friends. We were discharged with the instructions to call her Pediatrician tomorrow and make an appt with him, and an appt with an Ophthalmologist, and to use the ointment for a week. Every 4 hours while she is awake, in both eyes. I have no idea how I'm going to do this alone while Anthony is at work, but it's definitely going to be a struggle.

Once we came home, I got her ready for bed, and tucked her, AJ, and Sofia in bed. After, I came back downstairs and decided to have an ice cream cone. Unfortunately, this is what I got.

 Broken, crushed, and stale (Boo, NestlĂ©!) Just like my weekend. I sure hope you all had a better weekend (and Monday!) than I did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.