Thursday, April 25, 2013

UGLee Pen ***REVIEW***

I was given the chance to test out an UGLee Pen. The pen is actually called The Ultimate Grip pen, but was shortened to UGLee (Lee because the creater's name is Dr. Lee).

Their description is as follows:
"The UGLee Pen is good for everyone who writes (even just a grocery list), and is especially helpful to people who experience pain and discomfort when writing, for example those with arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.,. It's also the best writing utensil  for children who are learning to write and are developing fine motor skills, as well as helpful for special-needs children who find holding a pen or pencil properly difficult. And for high-school and college students who have to take copious notes, this pen helps keep hands and fingers from cramping."


While I REALLY wanted to love this pen, I just couldn't. Maybe it's because of my sensory quirks, but the grip felt too much like a fishing lure. It was too squishy for my liking. It did write smoothly though, and it really was comfortable in my hands. I hold my writing utensils two different ways, and each hold is used for different things. For writing quick notes, or lists, I hold it the "proper" way, in between my thumb and pointer finger. For long letters or more heavy duty writing, I hold it between my pointer and middle fingers. In either hold, I wasn't cramping up as quickly as I did with regular pens.



I gave one to my husband to try out at work, since he's always writing and making notes for where things go. The first day he used it, the little part that clips on to your shirt/pocket/tie/etc broke right off. He liked the way it wrote, though. He and I agree that it is a smooth pen. I prefer pen tips to be extra fine, but was more than happy to keep writing with this one. 



My son has Sensory Processing Disorder, among other disorders, and has a hard time with certain writing utensils. This was one that he was more than happy to use constantly. He's asked me all the time if he can use it. I'm not too fond of children using pens, but would absolutely love to see one of these in pencil form. It might actually make AJ more excited to do his homework!!

For now, I keep mine in my checkbook because I write checks so infrequently. I have no idea where Anthony put his. The third one we were given is in the drawer so that it's there for whoever needs it. Overall, I do like the pen, I just can't use it for long because of the gripper. I would have likely bought one on my own just to see what the hype is all about. You can purchase one HERE for only $5.95. I definitely would have picked a different color, since red is not a preference of mine. If you write a lot, definitely check this out.







I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.