Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Gianna!!

Wow. It's so hard to believe that my baby is 2 now. TWO!! Where has the time gone??


We did a party for her on her birthday, Sunday the 25th. Unfortunately, not many people came, despite RSVPing that they would. It was a total bummer, and has taken a toll on my mood lately, and my financial status. However, I am so thankful for those who did come. Gianna had a great time with her friend Anna!


At 2 years old, Gianna:
  • still rides rear facing in her car seat.
  • still breastfeeds at least 5x a day.
  • definitely is in the "terrible twos". As a matter of fact, the Terrible Twos have nothing on her!
  • is more assertive in what she does and does not want.
  • is trying to be more independent.
  • sings along to Bubble Guppies and tries to sing her ABC's.
  • has all four eye teeth coming in at once, but you would never be able to tell.
She is growing into a fabulous little girl, and I am so proud that she is mine! She is very loving, and says please, thank you, you're welcome, and bless you appropriately. Her newest thing is spitting. When she's angry, she will spit. When she's frustrated, she spits. When she's bored, she spits. She just spits. All the time. She still doesn't sleep through the night all the time. Maybe 3 to 4 times a week. She also climbs out of her crib, so we are looking into buying her a big girl bed. We just have to wait for Sofia to finish cleaning up their room so that there is nothing in there that Gianna can get hurt on.

I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for us. Wait, scratch that. Yes I can. I don't want my baby to grow up! I am not ready!!!

HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY, SWEET GIRL!!





ETA: I have been eyeing a new car seat for G for her birthday. We only have one car seat, so it's a pain if we need to go somewhere in Anthony's car, or if someone else needs to take her for a bit. I then have to uninstall the seat from my car, install it elsewhere, and then reinstall it in mine. While I know how to buckle the seat in properly, it still leaves room for error at every uninstall/reinstall. It would make things a lot easier to have an extra seat. Unfortunately, it's just not in our budget at this point. I thought this might be a good start to getting the funds we need to purchase a new seat. If you'd like to donate, please do! If not, no biggie!
http://www.gofundme.com/43mno0


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.