Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Kind of in a rut

I've been in a funk, lately. Not feeling much like myself. I've been tired, run down, just generally feeling like crap.

I went to the doctors the other day and found out that my thyroid isn't improving. I am continuing to gain weight despite eating less. We upped my thyroid medication, and I requested the name brand instead of generic. We also upped my Zoloft to 200 mg because of the awful panic attacks I was having while we were going down to NYC. Normally, I drive most of the way down there, and my husband drives in the city. I can't do it. This time, I could barely breathe. It was terrible. And I know what was the cause for it. The driving in the city terrifies me. But this time, we were in a rental car (2012 Ford Fusion- LOVE IT!!) and we had all 3 kids with us. I wasn't in control, and it set me into a panic. Hopefully, upping the medication will help with that feeling.

AJ had another session with the therapist. I still haven't seen any progress being made. We spend a lot of time talking and filling out papers. I really do need to find someone to watch Gianna while we are there because she's awfully distracting. Though I do see a benefit to her being there. AJ is more comfortable around her, and plus the therapist can see just how easily he can flip out. They could be playing together nicely, and then Gianna will take one of the toys, or move it, and he'll go off. She saw a few tantrums, and decided that it was time to have him see the physicians there. We'll be trying medications again when he is seen. Hopefully this time, we find something that works. I just can't take it anymore.

We bought a new van with our income tax money. Well, not NEW, but new to us. It's a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan. Nothing fancy. It isn't the best, though. I have a habit of jumping the gun when I see something I like. Or when I'm bored. When we went to look at the van, it was terribly windy. The windchill brought the temp down to -20 degrees. The heat was not working in Anthony's car, so we were already freezing by the time we got up to the guys house to look. The heat was on in the van, and it seemed to work great. Come to find out, it only works when it's up all the way. The heat in the back of the van blows out cold. I think it might be the thermostat. And I also discovered that the drivers window didn't go down at all. Of course, I found that out AFTER I bought it and brought it home. I did get that fixed, though. A friend's husband repaired it for me. Bought new tires for it also. It does need some minor repairs still, but nothing that's too important, and nothing that affects the safety.

And just when I get used to FINALLY having a vehicle to get things done with, Anthony's car takes another crap on us. So, now he's driving my van to work, and I'm stuck in the house again. Even if I don't go anywhere, I HATE knowing that I'm cooped up in the house. It's only 27 degrees out today, so it's not like I can take a walk anywhere without freezing. I just hate not having a vehicle!

So, that's a quick run down of what's been happening lately. I'm hoping I'm able to get out of this rut, and get back to writing. I have a few things that I need to review, so that will be coming up soon. Hope you're all having a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.