Saturday, February 9, 2013

The thief strikes again

Earlier today, I got a phone call from AJ's teacher. It appears he has stolen from me, yet again. I've lost count. This is the 6th time? 7th? According to her, he came straight out and admitted that he took it from my wallet. I looked in my wallet, and didn't see any money missing. I called my husband, and he informed me that he was missing $2. The teacher only said that he had $1.

When he walked in the door, I didn't say a word to him. I didn't even look at him. He walked right over to me, and went in his backpack and took out the envelope with the $1 in it. He told me that he took $2. I asked if he took $2, why was there only $1 in the envelope. He then admitted that he gave the $1 to someone in his class.

It took 20 minutes and me asking him at least 7 times where he got the money from. He insisted it came from my wallet. I know for a fact that it didn't, and I told him that. He looked down, and muttered "Itookitfromdad". When I asked him when he took it, again he muttered "whileyouweresleeping". So, I asked him WHY he took it. Once again, looking down and muttering "becauseiwantedto".

I'm done with the stealing. I posted on FB on my personal account. I received a lot of great suggestions. I even called the local police. Unfortunately, they were unable to help. But I did reach out in a Mommy group because I was desperate to find someone who has ties with local police. I need something done, and I need it done NOW. One of the girls has a SIL who works at a nearby police station. SCORE!! We now have an appointment for Tuesday, after his appointment at the Mental Health Clinic to have him talk to one of the officers, and see what's going to happen to him if he keeps it up. Turns out, they can't really put the cuffs on him and lead him to a cell because he's only 6. They have to be at least 7 years old. At 7, they can actually be put in Juvenile Detention.

On another note, Gianna and spent Thursday morning in the ER. She was wheezing on Wednesday, and I had her doctor call in some Albuterl and Pulmicort for her. By Thursday, she was actually retracting when she was inhaling, so I made the decision to take her to the ER. Not only was she retracting, but she was up all night coughing so violently, that I thought something more serious was wrong.

Luckily, it was empty when we got there. As soon as we walked in, they took us right to the triage, got her checked in, her stats done, etc, and right into a room. We had to wait a while in the room for someone to come in, but Gianna was in such good spirits, that she didn't mind. She made friends with everyone, saying hi  to everyone who would listen, waving, blowing kisses, giving hugs, etc. She willingly went with the radiologists when it was time for an X-ray. And by willingly, I mean, she damn near jumped out of may arms to be in their arms!

The X-ray revealed nothing like pneumonia or whooping cough. Her asthma was flaring up, and it was not pretty. They gave her one breathing treatment, then a dose of oral steroids, and then one more breathing treatment before sending us on our way. We left with a prescription for some oral steroids for her to take for the next few days. We need to give her the Pulmicort once daily from now on, and the Albuterol 2 to 3 times daily, as needed. But even after the flare up is under control, she still needs to take the Pulmicort on a daily basis. That should cut back on the amount of flare ups. We have an appointment on the 11th with her doctor for her 18 month check up, but we'll also have a recheck of her lungs and make sure her asthma is under control.

 Trouble maker trying to grab the phone

Clapping because she put her bear in the pocket. Slick toddler waving before she runs out of the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.