Thursday, December 20, 2012

Doctors appointment update


Earlier today, we had appointments for Gianna and AJ. Gianna's went wonderfully. She is 24 lbs, 31 inches tall, and her head is 18.5 inches. She is in the 50th percentile for height, 50th for weight, and 70th for head. My big brained baby! She had 2 shots today (MMR and Varicella) and didn't cry at all. She whined for half a second at the second shot, but no tears! She's getting so big!!!

AJ, on the other hand, oy vey. I told his doctor how he is having difficulties. I explained what happened on the bus. I explained how AJ lied to me about what happened on the bus because he wanted to tell me a story. I told him how AJ just can't. sit. still. EVER. How he doesn't listen. How he stomps around when angry, hitting, throwing, screaming, yelling. I told him that the Adderall was doing nothing. I suggested a medication change. I told him how some moms in the ODD group I'm a part of on Facebook have used others with success. We have agreed that Risperdone would not be appropriate for him. But we are adding Intuniv to his Adderall, and we return in 2 weeks for a follow up to see how he's doing. I'm just hoping for a change in behavior. I'm tired of dreading the days. I'm tired of this knotting up feeling in my stomach when it's time for the kids to return from school. And most of all, I'm just tired of him arguing and fighting with me over EVERYTHING! I just want my sweet boy back!

On a different note, we took the kids to see Santa last night. While in line (long, long line), the kids were talking about what they were going to ask for, what they really wanted, what they wanted to say to him, and showing us how they were going to smile. When we FINALLY got to see him, he didn't even say hello. Didn't ask the kids what their names were. Didn't ask what they wanted. He didn't even make an effort to hold Gianna. He was irritated that Sofia wanted to stand to the side of him, and that AJ did as well. He put the stool in front of himself for AJ to sit there. Gianna started crying when I stepped back so that we could get the picture taken, and as soon as the guy took the pic, Santa was telling Sofia to "Just take her. Hurry up. Take her now. Go on." Really, Santa? I didn't know this until we got to the car. That's when they decided to let us know that he didn't even talk to them. Now AJ thinks that Santa hates him and he isn't getting anything from him. I explained that it wasn't the real Santa. There are too many malls for him to be in all at once, so he has helpers. Every night, these helpers go back to the North Pole and tell the real Santa about all the boys and girls that he saw that day. He bought that, but he's still nervous that this helper is going to forget to mention that he saw them since he didn't even ask their names. AJ may drive me insane, but this really upset me that he feels this way because of a crappy Mall Santa. Come to find out, he wasn't just rude to my kids. He was rude to a lot of kids. Last years Santa was so nice. He was there for years. He is surely missed.
                     Nice Santa                                                   Bad Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.