Sunday, December 23, 2012


I feel the urge to blog, but I have nothing to blog about. Not sure why. But, I'm going to blog anyways and let my fingers do the talking.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. The plans are for Anthony to go to work until 1 (yes, he has to work tomorrow), then we'll go to my Grandfathers house around 4ish or so. As long as I can remember, Christmas Eve was always spent at my Grandfathers with all of us. I miss all of my cousins there. We had such a blast. Going up to the top floor and hanging out, playing air hockey in the basement. Hide and seek throughout the house. I am sad that my kids won't have that same experience I had in that house. It's filled with many happy memories. As it is now, we live all over. I have family in the area, in Florida, in Connecticut. Some family members aren't talking to others. I just wish we could all go back to a simpler time and put everything to the side just once a year, at least. I miss having everyone in one house, celebrating together. I'm just glad I have the memories I do.

On the Christmas note, I'm still not 100% ready. There are still gifts to be wrapped, and others to be purchased. I'm waiting for some to still come in and have to mail one more out. I'm also relying on a Christmas diaper to come in the mail, hopefully tomorrow, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I always wait until the last minute to get things, even though I swear I'm going to start early. I thought I was doing good with wrapping gifts, until Sofia mentioned that tomorrow is Christmas Eve. *sigh* Thanks for popping my bubble, kiddo. 

Earlier today, we had a MASSIVE meltdown with AJ. He was upstairs SCREAMING at Sofia. I still don't know what it was all about. The way he was screaming made it hard to understand him. Something about a ball. There are 2 balls, exactly the same, that were given to the kids. They're inflatable, and look like globes. They seem to make a huge deal out of whose is whose, and I believe that's what the fight was about. Since they were fighting over them, they are now mine. Tonight, they will go in the trash. I have NEVER seen two children fight so horribly over these stupid inflatable balls!! Over anything, really. AJ stood outside of Sofia's door, screeching at the top of his lungs. I went up to see what the fuss was about, and he was at the point where he could barely breathe because of it. I sent him to his room, and told him to relax. That's when he started flinging himself all over. He looked like a fish out of water, flopping all over his bed, arms flailing, legs going every which way. It was all I could do to not laugh at him. I had to walk out. At that point, he flopped all over until he was on the floor. Then he decided to start banging the floor. Hands, feet, head, anything. Just downright awful. At that point, I sort of lost my temper, picked him up, put him on his bed, and yelled for him to take a nap. He fought me some more, throwing things at me and calling me names, but ultimately, he didn't leave his bed. I warned him that Christmas is in 2 days, and I CAN and WILL return his gifts and get something for myself since I haven't bought anything for me in a long time. Santa won't mind if I do the same with his gifts. I came downstairs, and took a 1.5 hour nap with Gianna.
I'm so over this nonsense with him. I am waiting for our insurance to approve the Intuniv so that I can start him on that. In the mean time, does anyone want to adopt a 5 (almost 6) year old?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.