Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!


Hurricane Sandy threatened to take our Halloween away from us. While I am so sad for those that were majorly affected, I am happy that it wasn't us. We were fortunate. Last year, Hurricane Irene hit my hometown in a way that will never be forgotten. People lost their homes, their jobs, and some people lost their pets. I am not 100% sure, but I don't believe anyone lost their lives. Hurricane Irene also wiped out an entire pet store. Many animals died. It was a HUGE mistake on their part, one that would cost them a lot of their customers. When they reopened, they decided they wouldn't have animals at that location any more. Wise decision. Though nothing too severe happened in my neck of the woods with Hurricane Sandy, I am happy to know that if it were serious, there would be no innocent animals suffering because no one bothered to save them.

Now, onto Halloween. It's likely going to be cold tonight, so I'm not 100% sure what we'll be doing. We've been going to the mall to Trick Or Treat, only because it's well-lit, inside (and warm), and safer than being on the streets. However, my aunt has invited us up to go Trick Or Treating in her neighborhood, and to just hang out and be with family. We are definitely going to be going up there because it's family, and I love spending time with family. Plus, my dad will be there. My kids absolutely adore my father. He is fantastic with them. I seriously couldn't ask for a better grandfather for my kids.

But first, we have a school parade for AJ. His parade is at 1:45 which means hubby will have to come home for lunch, and I will have to drive him back to work so that I can have the car to go to his school. Once there, we watch all the classes come out, one at a time, do their 2 or 3 laps around the gym, then another does the same, until all classes have paraded around. AJ is dressed as a SWAT team member. It was the only costume I could find at a decent price on Amazon that was in his size. It's kind of cheaply made, but he loves it, so it's a win-win deal. After the parade, then it's home for us to wait for Sofia. Then we wait until daddy gets done at work. Pick him up, come home, get dressed, then head up to my aunts house. Busy busy day today.

Pics will be posted later! I don't want to ruin the surprise of G's costume. Ange was already sent pics, I couldn't hide them from her. 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!



Just as a reminder:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.