Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oops, she did it again.


No, not Britney Spears. My daughter. The 9 year old. 

I recently blogged about how she's been sneaking behind my back and texting random people. You can read it here. I didn't go into detail there, but she was joining 'communities' within the TextPlus app. From those communities, she was making "friends" and texting them. I told her that I did not want to see that again, or else she would no longer have her iPod. 

Last night, due to misbehaving at a restaurant, she is grounded from her iPod for today. You can read that one here. Well, imagine my surprise as I look through her TextPlus app to make sure she has been following my rules. I laughed a bit as I told Ange that she had her signature as AMyBabysittersAVampireFan. Well, at least, that's what I thought it was. In fact, she had recently changed it to "The name's Sofia". I have already warned her about telling people her name. Part of her user name on that app is SYD. Yes, those are her initials, but for all anyone knows, her name could have been Sydney. There was no need for a signature like that. I went in the settings and turned the signature line off. We would be discussing this. 

But hold on. That's not the worst of it! She's been texting someone else!!! No idea who she is, if she really is a she. For all we know, it could be a grown man, preying on innocent children. Or, not so innocent children. We just don't know, and we can't be too careful. I did message the girl and said "Who are you?". No response yet.

But hold on still. That is STILL not the worst! Are you ready for this one? She's been texting her friend from down the street. They're the same age, and in the same class. This is the message between the two of them that I found:
S: If you are coming now, tell my mom that we are gonna study and when we are done, we will hang out
L: ok. Be there in a sec.
S: Kay, and bring your home work so mom thinks it's believe able and bring your words. I forgot mine.

Looks like I have a new iPod. Anyone know of any good music??


Oh, and before I forget, I changed her signature line. It now reads "ImInTrouble4Lying2MyMom". Yes, I really did that. Ask Ange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.