Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trunk or Treat


Since Frankenstorm is threatening our Halloween festivities, we will be attending a Trunk or Treat this afternoon. There is only about an hour until it starts, but I am a serious procrastinator, so we will not be getting ready until 2:45 then scrambling to be out of here by 3. 

What is Trunk Or Treat, you ask? Well, it's simply the kids going around to cars with their trunks open in a designated safe place. No scary neighborhoods, no big kids threatening to steal candy, just a safe place for the kids to get candy. This year, it's in a church parking lot. Well, it's supposed to be. But, because of the rain, it will be inside the gym. I am 100% okay with this. It means I can let my kids run around in a safe, supervised area.

There are a few other things going on today as well- Walmart is having a Trick-or-treat walk-around. I believe a grocery store nearby is doing one as well. On Wednesday, provided that Sandy doesn't ruin everything, we will be going to my aunts and walking around her neighborhood. If Sandy does make that impossible, we will likely be hitting the mall. If we can make it up there. I'm hoping we're able to do something. The kids will be devastated if we can't. 

Here's to hoping Sandy isn't a complete bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.