Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 15- 30 days of being thankful


Day 15:

I am thankful for my children. Sure, they drive me nuts and make me want to pull my hair out. But that's what kids do, right? winky

Because of Sofia, I went BACK to high school, and got my diploma. No GED for me. I moved out of my mothers house at 16, moved in with Anthony, became pregnant at 17, gave birth at 18, and enrolled back in school when she was only 6 months old. The high school gave me the choice between the high school, or the alternative school. I chose the alternative because it was closer to my home, I would be able to bring my daughter if I needed to, and it was a shorter day. But, it's still the actual High School Diploma. 

My kids have made me a better person. Each one of them has a fantastic quality about them, and I discover something new about them almost every day. Last night, I took the girls with me to their school for an ice cream social, and to pick up the chocolates they sold for the PTA. We got there pretty late, so we missed out on a lot of the music. There was only one ice cream left. Instead of saying "Too bad, it's mine", Sofia said "Here Gianna! Let's share it!" She is such a good sister. 

I left the boys at home playing the new COD2. AJ was in heaven. I don't let him play the PS3 much anymore, because his attitude is usually so negative. I think I'm going to start using the PS3 as a bribe. If he behaves, I'll allow an hour of playtime. It's an hour of some-what calmness. He'll whine about the game, I'll threaten to turn it off, he'll stop. Yeah. I think that's what I will do today. After all, it's a half day at school because of Parent-Teacher conferences. I'm sort of scared to hear how he's been doing so far. We keep a notebook for communication between his teacher and I, but his attitude changes on the drop of a dime. Hoping to hear he's had more good days than bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.