Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 24- 30 days of being thankful


Day 24:

I am thankful for the internet. Because of the internet, I have been able to look up all of AJ's diagnoses. I have a greater knowledge of what each diagnosis means individually, and together. I was able to look up Gianna's blood disorder. Even though I have it as well, I didn't know much about it. 

I now know what I need to do to help them. I have been trying, but man is it hard. Thankfully, I have an ODD support team in the form of a Facebook Group. I've made some new friends from there, and I'm able to relate to them. I'm able to discuss when we have an exceptionally rough day. They understand my frustration, and my anger. They help me cope when I just want to scream. 

Not only do I have the support for AJ, I belong to a FB group for Hereditary Spherocytosis, the blood disorder that Gianna and I have. It's helped me to know that we are not the only people in the world with it. I don't know anyone other than my family who has HS, so it's nice to see that there are others, and see how different our cases are. Gianna has a more severe form than I have, so I'm learning as I go. We will have to remove her spleen soon, but we're trying to hold off as long as we can. In the support group, there are a few who have had it out at 2. Gianna has been doing better, so for now, the spleen stays.

Also, because of the internet, I've been able to find milk donors for Gianna, who have been keeping her as healthy as she has been. I've been able to do my shopping online. I've been earning money. More shopping. More earning. More learning. Not to mention, selling and buying from eBay, and CraigsList. I've also been able to blog and offer up giveaways. I am working on a few more now. Sunbaby cloth diapers coming up. Don't forget about the Haute Pocket Cloth Diaper giveaway going on here!


Thank God that there are only a few more days left of this month. I am running out of things to post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.