Thursday, January 24, 2013

Last minute ramblings

I have no idea what I'm going to blog about, but I figured I'd have at it before I go to bed.

It's only 8:30, but I'm beat and ready for bed. I'm sure I won't fall right to sleep if I go to bed now, but at least I'll be calm and relaxed. It usually takes me a good 2 to 3 hours to fall asleep once I'm in bed. It would be nice to fall asleep before midnight comes. I've been awfully cranky lately, and I'm sure the kids are sick of it.

Speaking of the kids, AJ FINALLY has his backpack. When he stole my money (and wallet), I called the bus garage to see if he left his bag on the bus. He told his teacher he didn't have it, so my assumption was that he left it on the bus on purpose so that he didn't get caught with my wallet in there. Turns out, my wallet was not in his backpack, as confirmed by the head person at the bus garage. It was actually under his bed, by the way.

Anyways, they never brought his backpack back to the bus, so he went a week without it. Every day he asked the bus driver "Do you have my bookbag yet?" and "Can you bring my bag back when it's time to go home?" On Tuesday, I asked him where his bag was, and he said that the bus driver yelled at him and told him that he didn't know where his bag was, and he didn't care, so stop asking for it because he wasn't going to get it for him. Ummm ... excuse me?? Oh yes, you will get it and you will give it back to him. At that point, I called the bus garage, explained what the situation was, told them what the driver said, and informed them that I want my son to have his bag back the following day. Wednesday, he came home with his backpack. It was sitting in his seat, waiting for him, when he got on the bus. Mama don't play this game.

The car stopped running again yesterday. Anthony wasn't able to put the car on the correct side of the street, so we woke up to a ticket on the car. That's another $10 that we don't have. At least it's on the correct side tonight. It's just been too cold for the car to start up. I can't wait until someone decides they want to buy it, or we just junk it somewhere. It needs to go!!! I want my new car. Well, new to me. And a van ... not a car. But, same diff, right?!

I am beat, and really thinking that 9:00 is the perfect time for bed. One last thing before I go. I have a Facebook page. It's still relatively new. I only have 80 fans now. Just yesterday, there were 81. As soon as the giveaway was over, and the winner was announced, I lost one fan. I am assuming it was someone who did not win. While I kind of figured that would happen, it's still upsetting. I realize that I don't lead the most exciting life. But it is what it is. I know it comes with the territory. Giveaways are a great way to promote your page and bring fans, but they don't all stay. Some are just there for what you can offer. I just hope it doesn't happen often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.