Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Scaling gates and playdates

Monday night, I put Gianna to bed at about 9. By the time 2:30 rolled around, she decided it was a good time to wake up and stay up until God knows when. At 6, I gave up with trying to keep her still. I was exhausted, and just turned my back to her and crashed. I'm fairly certain she fell asleep shortly after because when I woke up at 7:30 to get the other kids ready for school, she was in the same spot that I put her in last. I was hoping to get the kids off to the bus, then curl back up and go to sleep. Gianna was not having that. She woke up shortly after I got off the bed. *sigh*

Got the kids dressed and out the door, and made breakfast for Gianna and I. I made her oatmeal, because that usually makes her sleepy, for some reason. Not that day! She was WIDE awake! Here it is, Tuesday morning. Mom got just over an hour of sleep. No nap in sight. I was expecting company. I could have easily text her and said that today wasn't a good day, but I have been longing for adult company. I enjoy my daughter while the others are at school, but I'm still so lonely. I need adult interaction.

K came over with her little boy, Jr. I figured that the kids would LOVE to play together in the playroom, seeing that there are thousands of toys. Our playroom is technically the dining room, but since we don't have a table, it's been converted to the playroom. Of course, they decide not to. Gianna decides to teach Jr how to scale the baby gate. Terrible influence she is. Have you ever seen the video of her scaling the gate? No? Well, here you go. Try not to laugh too hard lol
I had to teach K how to "swag" effectively, and to make it worth her while. Don't know about Swagbucks? You should. It's an easy way to earn a bit of guilt-free spending money. Anyways, off of that. After a bit of playing and chasing and swagging, we went out to grab some McDs for lunch. Funniest drive-thru experience ever. Granted, if I were alone in the car, I likely would have flipped out on them. K didn't, though. She laughed it off but it really was frustrating!
Worker: Welcome to McDonalds, can I take your order?
K: I want a number 11, medium, with a Hi-C, a McChicken, mayo only, and large fries. I also want a 10 piece nuggets and --- wait. Let's make that a meal. Chicken nugget meal with a Large fry, and a large Diet Coke, no ice.
Screen shows a medium diet coke with the #11 meal, and a large Hi-C separate. No meal for the nuggets. So, K tried to tell them it was wrong.
K: the screen isn't right. I need the #11 to be with a medium Hi-C, and the #10 to be with a Large diet. Wait, there is no #11 on the screen. The nuggets need to be a meal!

At this point, the poor worker had no idea what they did wrong. So, they tell us to pull up to the window. K just asks them to scratch the order, and let's start fresh, because CLEARLY they aren't getting it. So, we start over. They STILL mess up. Here's where I am DYING of laughter. I mean, it's really not that hard. Just listen! (and before anyone says anything, I worked at Arby's for 3 years, manager for 2. I know fast food isn't THAT complicated) After the order mess, we go to the next window to pick up the order, where the drinks are wrong already. Whatever. We get it fixed, and come back to my house. Sit, eat lunch, share some embarrassing stories, look at pics of our babies, and have a jolly ol' time.

I'm telling you. I really needed that. It felt great to just sit back and chat with a friend. K and I haven't known each other for very long, but we get along great. However, staying awake all that time really had me beat. I went to bed at midnight, which is actually early for me. I slept straight through, until 7:10. It was the longest sleep I have had in a while. I did end up taking a nap today as well, though. I needed it.

I wish my life was much more exciting than this. Sometimes, I feel like making up a story just to make it seem like I have an interesting life. Wait until I get my income tax money and I purchase a van. Yep, you read that right. I am so getting a van. And I am EXCITED to have one!! I plan on leaving this house as often as possible. Even if that's only to go to Walmart. At least I might actually have a conversation with another adult. Even if the conversation is only a few minutes long, as the cashier is ringing up my items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.