Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tomorrow is the day

Well, tomorrow is the day of AJ's appointment at the Mental Health Clinic. I'm both excited, and scared. My heart is pounding because I don't know what to expect. Mainly, I'm nervous because AJ has been in the lying phase lately. Is he going to lie while there? Most likely. What, though? What will he lie about? Will he say that he doesn't do anything wrong? Most likely. Will he blame Gianna for it all? Probably. Will he say that I yell at him? Probably. I do. So that won't be a lie. I'd be lying if I said I never yelled at him. I do. I lose my patience, and I lose it often. Do I feel awful for yelling at him? Absolutely.

Take today, for example. This AM, Anthony told AJ to get dressed. It was 7:00, and he was just sitting on the floor in the hallway. It was like he was in a trance. Just sitting there, staring. Staring at nothing. He didn't even flinch when Anthony walked in front of him. After a while, he snapped out of it and went in his room. Instead of getting dressed, he chose to play with his toys. When I finally rolled out of bed at 7:45 (Gianna was up off and on from 1 until 6), he was still playing. I told him to get dressed, so he finally started to. After a while, he calls to me because he need socks and can't find any. I went in his room to get them, and what I saw pissed me off.

His dresser is in his closet. It fits perfectly, and it allows him to have more room in his room to play. About a week ago, I did his laundry and gave it back to him to fold. He was gone for about an hour, whining for most of that time. When he came down, he apologized for whining and crying, because he said it wasn't that bad. But the next morning, I found out why it "Wasn't that bad"- he had thrown the clothes in the closet, on the side of the dresser. Well, he had fun getting them out and folding them when he got out of school. He spent an hour in his room folding them all.

And that's what I found AGAIN this morning. The clothes I gave him last night to fold were on the other side of his dresser. Again, he came home from school and folded them all up. This time, I sat there and watched him fold. I would have helped him the first time I gave him the clothes if he asked for it. But not this time. Oh no. I do not do for you when you clearly disobey me. I refuse to give in to that.

On a positive note, today was an AWESOME mail day!!!! I received my Boogie Wipes kit, a behind-the-ear Thermometer from Klout, and a sample of Emergency food from Wise company (featured on Doomsday Preppers).






More tomorrow after his appointment. Cross your fingers for us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.