Friday, January 25, 2013

Lesson Learned

I am one tired mama. I went to bed at 10:30 last night, and slept right through until 5. I didn't even notice when Anthony brought Gianna into bed with us. Did I mention just how sleep deprived I really am? I have an EXTREMELY hard time sleeping at night, and it takes me a good 2 to 3 hours to actually fall asleep. I lay there listening to Anthony snore, to Gianna snore, the cars outside, the heat kicking on, the house creaking, etc. Eventually, I just pass out. But last night, I fell asleep about 10 minutes after getting into bed. I didn't think I'd wake up at 5, but it happened. I felt great. That was a solid 6.5 hours of sleep. MUCH more than I'm used to.

At about 5:30, I fell back to sleep for an extra hour or so. Woke back up at 6:45, and I didn't feel refreshed at all. I was beat. I actually got out of bed at 7 with Gianna, got the kids up and ready for school, then saw them out at 8. By 9, I was practically begging Gianna to take a nap. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I thought I 'd try.

At 10, I had given up, and decided that I would just lay on the couch and pretend to be asleep. Usually when I do that, she curls up with me and goes to sleep. Not today. She ran around, happily playing. I was still pretending to be asleep, in hopes that she would just give up and see how comfy I was. Well, the next thing I know, it's 11:30 and she's handing me a pair of dice. Apparently, in my attempt to pretend I was asleep, I actually did fall asleep. She got into the Monopoly game. All the pieces to the game were scattered. Books thrown off the shelves, paper towels ripped to shreds, toys all over. Okay, so the toys all over isn't anything new. But there were MORE toys all over.

So, lesson learned: It's not wise to pretend to be asleep when you really are exhausted. 17 month olds just don't care!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to see your comments! Please remember to keep them family friendly! Spam comments will not be posted. Neither will comments that are insulting or degrading.